This Policy explains how your personal information may be used by Of-CourseOnline and applies to any information, including personal information, which you give to Of-CourseOnline or which Of-CourseOnline may collect from Third Parties.
- By submitting any Personal Information to Of-CourseOnline you provide consent to the processing of your Personal Information as set out in this Policy.
- The provisions of this Policy are subject to the provisions of applicable legislation, including the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI Act”) and Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”), whose definitions of personal information shall apply to this policy.
- Please do not submit any Personal Information to Of-CourseOnline if you do not agree to any of the provisions of this Policy.
- If you do not consent to the terms of this Policy, or any portion hereof, Of-CourseOnline may not be able to provide its products and services to you.
- We do not collect any information about minors on purpose, unless written parental consent is obtained.
- CONTACT US If you have any comments or questions about this Policy:
Company Physical Address:
48 Peak Road, Fish Hoek, Cape Town, 7975, South Africa
Email: [email protected] Telephone: + 27 123480088
- We may amend this Policy from time to time. Any such amendment will come into effect and become part of any Agreement you have with Of-CourseOnline when notice is given to you of the change by publication on Of-CourseOnline’s website. It is your responsibility to check the website often.
- Of-CourseOnline takes your privacy and the protection of your Personal Information very seriously, and will only use your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and applicable legislation. It is important that you take all necessary and appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information yourself
- We have implemented reasonable measures to keep your Personal Information secure. You hereby indemnify and hold Of-CourseOnline harmless from any loss, damages or injury that you may incur as a result of any Security Compromise of your Personal Information to unauthorised persons or resulting from your acts or omissions during the provision of incorrect or incomplete Personal Information to Of-CourseOnline.
- We may collect the following information about you, whether directly or indirectly:
- Personal Information; details of transactions you carry out with us; correspondence/enquiries from you or third parties acting on your behalf; details of contracts, you enter into with us; biometric information, such as images and pictures.
- We may use/ disclose your Personal Information for the purposes of providing you with the services, or products you have requested, responding to your instructions or requests and informing you about important changes to our services; detecting and preventing illegal transactions or crime prevention; assessing and dealing with complaints;, marketing, auditing, legal and record keeping purposes; verifying your identity etc.
- Of-CourseOnline may need to transfer your information to service providers in countries outside South Africa, in which case it will fully comply with applicable South African data protection legislation comprising the POPI Act and PAIA; to comply with applicable legislation, including lawful requests for information received from law enforcement, government and tax agencies; recording and/or monitoring your telephone calls and Electronic Correspondence to/with Of-CourseOnline in order to accurately carry out your instructions and requests, to use as evidence and in the interests of crime prevention; conducting market research and providing you with information about Of-CourseOnline’s products or services from time to time via email, telephone or other means; improving or evaluating the effectiveness of Of-CourseOnline’s business or products, services or offerings;
- Once you subscribe to receive communications from Of-CourseOnline, Of-CourseOnline may from time to time contact you about services, products and offerings available from Of-CourseOnline or specific organisations which Of-CourseOnline believes may be of interest to you, by email, phone, text or other means. You can unsubscribe from receiving such communications by clicking here.
- Your Personal Information may be shared within Of-CourseOnline and with selected Third Parties who process the information on Of-CourseOnline’s behalf to monitor/evaluate any of your applications for Of-CourseOnline’s products or services; or to send you information about such products and services, unless you object or choose not to receive such communications, subject to the direct marketing provisions of POPIA;
- If you do not wish Of-CourseOnline to disclose this information to Third Parties, please contact Of-CourseOnline at the contact details set out above. Of-CourseOnline may, however, not be able to provide products or services to you if such disclosure is necessary.
- We may retain your Personal Information indefinitely, unless you object, in which case Of-CourseOnline will only retain it if Of-CourseOnline is permitted or required to do so in terms of the relevant legislative prescripts. However, as a general rule, Of-CourseOnline will retain your information in accordance with retention periods set out in prevailing legislation, unless Of-CourseOnline deems it necessary to retain it for longer for a lawful purpose
- You may request details of Personal Information which Of-CourseOnline holds about you under PAIA. All fees associated therewith are prescribed in terms of PAIA. Confirmation of whether or not Of-CourseOnline holds Personal Information about you may be requested free of charge. If you would like to obtain a copy of your Personal Information held by Of-CourseOnline, request the correction of any Personal Information please contact us. Please ensure that the information Of-CourseOnline receives from you is accurate and up to date
- You have a right to object (on reasonable grounds) to the processing of your Personal Information where the processing is carried out in order to protect Of-CourseOnline’s legitimate interests or your legitimate interests, unless the law provides otherwise for such processing.
- Should you believe that Of-CourseOnline has utilised your Personal Information contrary to the applicable legislation, you undertake to first attempt to resolve any concerns with Of-CourseOnline. Should you remain dissatisfied, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator:
Tel: 010 023 5200 Fax: 086 500 3351 Email: [email protected]