Sometimes we need a little indulgence that brings about a feeling of less guilt…more pleasure & it is wheat free to!
Try this recipe…it is yum yum yum!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup organic honey
- 125g melted butter
- 3 tubs plain cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of ideal milk
- 1/2 cup cream (full or reduced fat)
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 3/4 cup xylitol
- Fresh lemon juice form 3/4 BIG lemons (depends on how lemony you like it)
- 2 Tbsp gelatine powder
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/5 cup nuts of your choice
- Drizzle of honey
Now, Let’s make some cheese cake!
- Heat the oven to 180′
- Blend all the ingredients for the base together
- Butter a pie dish
- Press base in dish and place in over until it is a slight caramel colour (approximately 20 – 30 minutes). Take it out and leave it to cool.
- Mix gelatine in the boiling water and make sure it dissolves
- Mix cream cheese first until smooth. Then add ideal milk and cream
- Mix in honey, xylitol and lemon juice
- Put mixer on a fast speed and pour in gelatine mixture
- Base should have cooled down quite a bit by now, so pour mixture into the pie dish and place it in the fridge
- Now place the nuts in an oven proof dish, drizzle with honey and place in the oven at 160′ for approximately 20 minutes or until caramelized.
- Take the nuts out out and tip them onto a wooden board, wait until the nuts have cooled. Chop roughly and sprinkle over cheese cake
- Leave the cheese cake in the fridge until set (approximately 3 hours minimum)
Mmmm mmmm! Enjoy!
And that’s the Healthy Truth!