There is more than enough research on why we need to cut down on SUGAR so there is no need for me to give you a long scientific explanation of why you need to get this out of your diet. Maybe read here to get better insight into the reason for cutting the bad sugar out.
And then start making your yummy chocolate clusters!
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 50g of 90% lindt dark chocolate
- 1 cup of xylitol
- 3/4 cup full cream milk
- coconut flakes or desiccated coconut (your choice)
- Oats (if you want any carbs in the clusters)
- Mixed nuts (salted or unsalted) depending on your preference
You will see there are no quantities for the Coconut and nuts because you can decide what you want more of for your clusters.
Follow these easy steps:
- In a pot on the stove, put in the butter, cocoa, chocolate, xylitol and milk. Allow it all to melt and simmer for 1 minute.
- Take it off the stove and add the coconut and nuts. You must add enough nuts and coconut so that it forms a thick mixture that does not run at all. It must be shape-able. You will see that you need to add quite a bit of ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture onto and long piece of tin foil. Shape it like a log and fold the tin foil over the log (you can decide how thick you want the log to be).
- Place it in the fridge to set. It will be come fairly hard.
- Take it out of the fridge and cut it into slices.
- Keep it in the fridge.
You can choose to rather spoon amounts of the mixture onto a plate and place it into the fridge as in the photo above. But I love the log idea and I always do a log!
Yummy, yummy, yummy.
Compliments of THE HEALTHY TRUTH!