14 Oct What causes your Shoulder PAIN?
So you reach to take a mug out of the cupboard and …. ouch... then you try and take your shirt off and …. ouch …. then you try and put the grocery bag on the kitchen counter and ….. ouch and then let’s not forget how that twinge hits you when you are trying to brush your teeth.… DOUBLE OUCH!
Sound about right?
Did you know that your shoulder is one of the joints in the body with the most mobility? However due to;
- Negative movements
- Computer work
- Desk jobs
- Heavy handed jobs
- And even your personality type
….. your shoulders take a beating daily. If you want to know where your headaches come from…. look at your shoulder stability, natural glide of the blade and also how tense you are in your neck. How tight are your shoulders?
Are you able to?
- Raise your arms comfortably to the back?
- Lie on a foam roller with your arms comfortably resting on the floor?
- Raise your arms above your head without lifting your shoulders to your ears?
If you can’t, then you are likely to have issues with your shoulders at some point. The problem is that this could progress to;
- Shoulder impingement where your shoulder is in pain when raised to a certain height at a certain angle because there is pinching in the socket.
- Rotator cuff injury whereby the 4 muscles that form part of the humeral head stability are injured.
- Frozen shoulder which could be due to injury or long term negative mechanics. Here the shoulder physically gets stuck and you are unable to move it in certain positions at all.
- Bursitis within the area of the joint.
- Tendinitis whereby the muscle has been overused and therefore it is now irritated.
If you think you might have any of these then it is important that you take action to address these problems long term. Life will not get easier when you have any of these.
Did you know that these might even cause you headaches and visa versa? The neck and shoulder state are so closely related that one cannot be great without the other. Your upper back also plays a direct role in the ability for your shoulder and neck to be free and stabile.
Is there a cure?! Of Course there is. But you need to make the time and do the effort to get there.
You can always start at home with a safe home program that will get you going and promote YOUR shoulder health.
Here is a great Home Program that will definitely start the process of releasing shoulder tension and connecting to your shoulder blade. Click here to view a Shoulder Home Program that is so easy to follow and you get a manual to keep.
Then if you want more education then look here.
Ask yourself the question…. can you do the movements in the video below?
This takes time to achieve. BUT it is totally possible. We have seen it and we have helped people achieve amazing shoulder health.
Eliminate pain now and get your shoulders better.
If you choose to leave it as is then you will be a prime candidate for a shoulder operation & any of the above injuries. Those injuries are NO JOKE as they affect your everyday life.
That is the HEALTHY TRUTH